Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Need to blog

My methods are my own, to understand first you must disregard everything you currently know. - Matt Chapman
I seem to have this fantasy that my life will unfold into this neat and creaseless reality. My life will be perfect and everything happens for a reason. My past and present converge to form a life I could have only dreamt of. But now, growing ever closer to graduation, reality is starting to show it's ugly little practical head. I've faced reality before. No big deal right? But something was different this time. In this case, uncertainty was lurking behind it. As you would expect a shadow to do. Turning the cheek would not suffice this time. Action needed to be preformed in order to form a base of control on the reaction.
I'm speaking of coarse about college/airforce life. I've talked with my parents. They are trying to give me the impression that they are OK with me joining the airforce. My mother seemed to be stunned, at first she couldn't believe what she was hearing. Then realizing that she didn't have a choice in the matter. So she made herself believe that it was a good idea. My dad on the other hand, I got a mixed reading.
I'm going Tuesday to the recruiter. My dad is worried that I won't know what to ask. He constantly keeps reminding me to remember what I want to ask. It seems like he is trying to persuade my opinion or something. If my dad puts off going with me again I will just go on my own. I don't give a fk. I haven't told my sisters yet because I will get annoyed with their responses. I will never tell my grandparents. They will only piss me off about it. My family wants me to be a doctor or something. My sister told me once " If you don't be a doctor like you want to be, you will be nothing to me. I want you to remember that" She has also told me " Your far to educated to be a translator. Don't waste your brain on something as trivial as language."
I want to be so many things it is unfair. I don't like the idea of having the same job for many years. The truth is that I will most likely never marry, never settle down, be like 27 when I lose my virginity, and never be content with what I have. I will always look back and say " I should have don't that just a little bit differently." I'm sure in time I will learn to accept this inevitable fate.

No comments:

Post a Comment