Tuesday, May 4, 2010

AP Spanish Exam/ Cloud9

I took the AP Spanish Exam today and I think I did really well. I kinda stumbled on the audio portion a little bit, but that was only 20 percent of the grade. :( I'm sure I got at least some credit on that one anyway. There were tons of reading passages, essays, DBQs, and free response (literally, talk in the microphone type stuff) I had a good time taking the test. I know that sounds weird, but the testing environment was really great. I knew the other two people in there. ha I want to tell you about one of the audio questions that I almost made me start laughing.
Keep in mind that this is all in Spanish. lol I was completely thrown off by the old woman talking. I was expecting a middle aged male. haha It felt like I was talking with an old Spanish maid.
Directions: respond to the dialog and hold a conversation
Old woman: I think we should have a language day. What languages should we celebrate?
Me: I think we should celebrate French, Italian, and German they are very interesting.
Old woman: That's great. How should we decorate the halls?
Me: WTF??
Old woman: What type of crafts should we make?
Me: umm.....
Old woman: Sounds fun. Goodbye. Thanks for talking. See you soon
End recording
Me:Wtf??

I was really proud of myself for writing 2 pages on why music has an important impact on the lives of the young. I was straight beast. It was like something inside me just turned on and it was survive or be eaten alive by self remorse. I don't know where I found the words, but I was (I'm just going to say it) FUCKING BEAST!!!
I saw another girl taking the test and she had her head down waiting for it to end. haha

I can't remember most of the exam because I couldn't see a lot of it. Most of the test was read aloud by a CD player
I also had to write a e-mail to my friend who invited me to go on vacation with them. I wrote about how I was excited about going and that I've been to that beach before and how the staff was so nice. Then I talked about how I couldn't go because my grandma was very sick and I needed to be with her.
I had to compare the lives of 2 people. I had a physical copy of one section that described one person then I had to listen to the other source. Then I had 2 minutes to think then 2 minutes to talk about them. Haha I said more than anyone else. :) confidence.

One of the counselors told me that she was proud of me. I was on cloud 9 today.
My Spanish teacher found me in the hallway and asked me about the exam. She is so nice. I love her. She wished me luck the day before and told me that morning also.
I told her that I couldn't schedule to be in her class till next Wednesday haha. She looked at me like I was on crack. She said " what?"
Then I explained.
Thursday- AP English
Friday- Senior Field day (It better be)
Monday- AP Bio
Tuesday-Ap Environmental (I'm not going to pay the money. hahaha)
Wednesday- Spanish teacher make up test. last day of school :)

No comments:

Post a Comment