Wednesday, March 17, 2010

What's one more year.

Happy Birthday to me. I survived long enough to be lv 18. Today I'm going on a field trip to some reserve in Moss Point. The name of the park is entirely to long and complex. I think they had hopes of the drawing attention to the park. I think it was a fail. Moss point is not exactly famous for it's beauty. I'm going to bring my camcorder to school tomorrow and hopefully record some of my field trip. I'll post it later today.
There is some school game going on in Moss Point as well. I'm not sure what sport. Maybe baseball or softball.
I'm hoping to get enough money from my birthday to purchase a pair of Powerrisers. So I "can run like a raptor down the hallways of the school." ha I want that 9 foot stride and capability of running 25-30 miles per hour. Plus the +7 foot jumping would be awesome. If I get those stilts, I'll faint first, Then the next day I will run to school with them on. :D That would be FUNNY. No telling what I would be called, but I don't really care. Do they have a 9 foot stride? NO. ha Do they get raptor like powers? NO. That would be the best birthday present ever!
I need to make arrangements to take the Ap Bio, English, Environmental, and Spanish exams. I haven't yet filled out the free lunch form. I know that my dad is now unemployed but I don't feel as if our spending has decreased. I really don't want my parents to pay for those exams. :( 70-80 dollars each... yay. Plus my cap and gown. I really need to get on top of things.
I know that today I'm one year older and usually people don't feel like they have aged. I feel older. I look older. Somewhere along the line this year I started growing facial hair. When did this happen? When did I mature enough to be a good friend? To know how to treat people? Or even be a ''good'' student? Where along my short timeline did I become who I am today? I'm sure it happened gradually, but still. I just settled into a close group of friends that I know are friends. If I ever need help, I know that I can depend on them. I would hope they think the same about me. Now that I have ''Friends", we are about to separate in less than 7 weeks. Some of which I will never see again. How many of them will die before our reunion? How many will not even show up? Life is a precious thing and I'm not sure I'm ready to grow up.
I often hear the saying "What's one more year." Well this is my last year of high school. :( I'm one year away from having to work everyday while going to school. I have to be an adult. I'm no Peter pan, but I'm happy where I am in my life now. I survived my evil elementary school teachers, my awkward middle school years, and I'm one more day closer to completing " the best years of my life." College will be fun I guess. I just hope I stay in contact with my friends.
I love you guys
-Thew

No comments:

Post a Comment